Work with us!
If you are excited by our mission to empower entrepreneurs creating tech-enabled solutions to societal challenges via ESG integration, please join our MPower team!
As an MPower team member, you will:
- Become part of a movement to integrate ESG into startups to drive sustainable and scalable growth
- Invest in innovative companies that deliver positive impacts on society
- Grow as a professional – MPower invests in your career development
- Thrive as an individual – MPower prioritizes your well-being
- Have fun with colleagues in a diverse, inclusive, and stimulating team
Learn more about some of our key commitments, as well as recent perspectives, here:
- ESG Charter (https://www.mpower-partners.com/esg-en/)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy (https://www.mpower-partners.com/dei-policy-en/)
- Blog (https://www.mpower-partners.com/blog-en/)
If you have any interest in the open positions below:
- Please contact us through this link
- In the form, kindly select the relevant “Recruitment” option and attach your CV
Investment professionals // DEADLINE May 31, 2022
MPower is looking to expand its investment team. We are seeking two investment professionals who are passionate about making an impact on society by investing in innovative and impactful startup companies. For both positions, Japanese language ability is required and English is preferred.
- An experienced venture capitalist with relevant investment experience to help drive the investment process, ranging from sourcing, analysis, and due diligence as well as post-investment support for portfolio companies
- An analyst/associate level professional with 2+ years of relevant experience to support the investment team. Responsibilities include market/industry research, financial and technical analysis of investment opportunities as well as post-investment support of portfolio companies
Interns (part-time) // DEADLINE May 31, 2022
We provide internship opportunities for currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate school students who can work with us for at least 1 month. As an intern, you will gain first-hand experience of venture investing through various projects. Japanese language ability is required and English is preferred. In addition, we hope to work with interns in a hybrid format (in-person and remote) but will consider fully remote candidates.
Please note that this role does not necessarily lead to a full-time position.
PR: writing and/or marketing (part-time)
MPower is looking to work with a freelancer or part-time consultant on two workstreams below. We do not expect one person to be able to fulfill BOTH 1 and 2 below, so we welcome interest in either, or parts of both 1 and 2!
For both 1 and 2, our blog is relevant content.
1 EN/JP WRITING
- Main responsibility: writing of blog posts and articles, typically 500-1000 words in length
- Sources: could start with an outline or rough draft written by MPower team member, or start with a discussion to draw out ideas for the blog. Sometimes, drafts may already be available in English, and a Japanese localization version is needed (this is much more than a translation exercise)
- Topics and themes: about startups and ESG, responsible investing, sustainability
- Main responsibilities:
- Develop and operationalize marketing strategy to optimize reach and impact of MPower’s thought leadership content
- Work with website designers to update website structure accordingly
- Experience desired: setting up email subscription/marketing system (including CRM like MailChimp), using Google Analytics or similar to track metrics, knowledge of how best to time and post blog posts and owned media
Kindly provide links of your previous work in your submission, and please note that this role does not necessarily lead to a full-time position.